Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch display keeps defaulting back to Workout after upgrade to WatchOS 9.4

Prior to the most recent update with WatchOS 9.4, I could start a Workout (outdoor walk) on my Watch Series 7, change the display to Music, and it would remain on Music until I manually switched to another screen. However, after the update to 9.4, when I switch to Music it will only be displayed for a second or two and then switches back to the Workout screen. I use the Music app to play MP3s from my phone and like to see what's currently playing from my Watch at a glance without having to switch between screens.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 9:22 AM

Hi Ravens1212,

To aid us in isolating this, can you confirm the following?

• Does this behavior persist through a restart of your Apple Watch? Restart Apple Watch - Apple Support
  • Is this an every time occurrence? If you manually go back into the Music app, will it again automatically swap back to the Workout app after some time?

Let us know, we'll follow up from there.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 9:22 AM in response to Ravens1212

Hi Ravens1212,

To aid us in isolating this, can you confirm the following?

• Does this behavior persist through a restart of your Apple Watch? Restart Apple Watch - Apple Support
  • Is this an every time occurrence? If you manually go back into the Music app, will it again automatically swap back to the Workout app after some time?

Let us know, we'll follow up from there.

Cheers!

Watch display keeps defaulting back to Workout after upgrade to WatchOS 9.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.