Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I getting a message in text when I send a picture that says can’t be delivered but the person receives it on a non iPhone

Is anyone else having problems? Trying to send a photo and text message? I’m getting a message that saying undeliverable to people, but people that do not have iPhones are actually receiving them while people who have iPhones are not.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 2:29 AM

When you send a picture to a person who does not use an iPhone, the picture is sent as an MMS.

Check if MMS is enabled on your iPhone here:

SettingsMessages → enable MMS Messaging

Remember that your iPhone must be connected to your Carrier, just as your plan must also allow you to send MMS. MMS requires a setup, some carriers do not set up MMS automatically, and you must therefore contact your carrier if you still experience problems sending MMS.

You can find more useful information here:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2023 2:29 AM in response to PhotosnotTransferintext

When you send a picture to a person who does not use an iPhone, the picture is sent as an MMS.

Check if MMS is enabled on your iPhone here:

SettingsMessages → enable MMS Messaging

Remember that your iPhone must be connected to your Carrier, just as your plan must also allow you to send MMS. MMS requires a setup, some carriers do not set up MMS automatically, and you must therefore contact your carrier if you still experience problems sending MMS.

You can find more useful information here:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Why am I getting a message in text when I send a picture that says can’t be delivered but the person receives it on a non iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.