Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can my iPhone be hacked remotely?

this might seem like a very dumb ans stupid, but i'd like to state that i've been playing some online games on my phone where you can also meet other users, and since i've been getting to know a few (being careful not to share any personal and compromising information) the irrational fear of being hacked and watched by one of them has gone through my mind inevitably (i suffer from anxiety disorder) so i just please wanted to know if that could be possible.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 4:35 PM

There are systems such as Pegasus that can be used to monitor devices including iPhones running some versions of iOS. However, it is extremely expensive and is used almost exclusively by repressive governments to target specific high value individuals.

If you're not being hunted by a repressive government, the likelihood of becoming a victim of this is almost nonexistent.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2023 4:35 PM in response to ilovecristiano

There are systems such as Pegasus that can be used to monitor devices including iPhones running some versions of iOS. However, it is extremely expensive and is used almost exclusively by repressive governments to target specific high value individuals.

If you're not being hunted by a repressive government, the likelihood of becoming a victim of this is almost nonexistent.

Apr 5, 2023 3:39 PM in response to ilovecristiano

ilovecristiano wrote:

this might seem like a very dumb ans stupid, but i'd like to state that i've been playing some online games on my phone where you can also meet other users, and since i've been getting to know a few (being careful not to share any personal and compromising information) the irrational fear of being hacked and watched by one of them has gone through my mind inevitably (i suffer from anxiety disorder) so i just please wanted to know if that could be possible.

no

can my iPhone be hacked remotely?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.