Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How does the AirTag work?

I’m confused how the AirTag works if it further than 33 feet away?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

AirTag

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2024 9:13 AM

Why use an AirTag when it only tells your luggage is no longer with you or last seen somewhere. I want to know where my luggage is not where I last saw it

7 replies

Apr 6, 2023 2:53 AM in response to Jill_lafayette1969

it only works if it's within bluetooth range of an ios device with bluetooth enabled

when it is then it will have the ios device send it's gps position to the appleID account the tag is registered to because it will roughly be the gps position of the tag itself, being within bluetooth range and all

so if there are no ios devices within range the tag will be dead in the water so it's not suited for tracking pets in a rural arear

Apr 25, 2023 6:07 AM in response to yashvi144

yashvi144 wrote:

Apple AirTags connect through Bluetooth to neighbouring Apple iPhone or iPad devices using the Find My network. All of the AirTags' specifics and data are uploaded to the cloud and pinned to a map for simple access. Two methods exist for locating your AirTags. If the information is sufficient for you, it's excellent, but if anyone wants to know more about it, you should visit the official website Deccanera.

That is not an official Apple website.

This is the official website:

AirTag - Apple

How does the AirTag work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.