Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Code on my wife’s phone disappears too quickly

I have set up my wife’s phone number as a trusted number so she can get verification codes for me to sign in to my account.

But the notifications pop up and then disappear within a second so she can’t access it to give to me.

How do we fix this?

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 6:37 AM

5 replies

Apr 7, 2023 5:04 AM in response to Jackman72

Re: “… we share the same Apple ID …

Sharing a common AppleID is a bad practice for a number reasons; creating all sorts of issues … this example being just a fairly benign “tip” of what can become a “very nasty iceberg.”

Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

Once you have separate AppleIDs, you can then use the very useful features of Family sharing.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support (CA)

Apr 6, 2023 4:04 PM in response to Jackman72

Odd. Try restarting her phone. That can clear up odd issues and it doesn't hurt.

If it still doesn't work, refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Verification Code on my wife’s phone disappears too quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.