Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop stuck on "waiting" across my on devices

Like this previous question, I was unable to AirDrop anything from my iPad Pro to my iPhone or MBP. I could see the devices listed in AirDrop but the process would never complete. My AirDrop settings were set to "Contacts Only". I tried "Everyone for 10 Minutes" but that still didn't work.

After some research and trial and error, I figured out the problem but am unable to reply to the other thread so am posting it here…

Solution: I opened the Contacts app and noticed that I had three duplicate contacts for "My Card". I merged the duplicate contacts (apparently auto-created for iCloud and Gmail) for myself and I was able to subsequently use AirDrop.

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 7:59 AM

1 reply

AirDrop stuck on "waiting" across my on devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.