Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Temporary SIM card change prompts Apple ID review

Apple is asking me to Review my Apple ID phone number. This has been caused I suppose by the fact that I have temporarily inserted another Country phone SIM card into my IPhone.

i do not want to change my Apple ID phone number as my short holiday ends next week.

Can I simply ignore the Apple software Questioning ?

I shall be putting my usual normal original SIM card back into my iPhone, of coure, after this holiday switch of SIM cards.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 12:56 PM

Not Tofu wrote:

Apple is asking me to Review my Apple ID phone number. This has been caused I suppose by the fact that I have temporarily inserted another Country phone SIM card into my IPhone.

Correct.

i do not want to change my Apple ID phone number as my short holiday ends next week.

Yes, you can safely ignore it and not change it to the temporary phone number.

I shall be putting my usual normal original SIM card back into my iPhone, of coure, after this holiday switch of SIM cards.

It should then verify the number at time. It may ask you again to review the number, but since it will be the correct one then, there should be no further issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2023 12:56 PM in response to Not Tofu

Not Tofu wrote:

Correct.

Yes, you can safely ignore it and not change it to the temporary phone number.

It should then verify the number at time. It may ask you again to review the number, but since it will be the correct one then, there should be no further issue.

Temporary SIM card change prompts Apple ID review

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.