Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone was updated, but can’t activate. All boxes are checked, the activation button does not highlight

I change the SIM card in my phone. The phone updated, but I can’t get it to activate. What should I do? What does SOS only mean next to the Wi Fi signal?

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 2:11 PM

SOS means that your phone is working, but is not connected to your carrier’s network. It can only make emergency calls on other networks. You need to contact your carrier to resolve this. Here is guidance from Apple→If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

If you changed the SIM it may not have been activated yet.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2023 2:11 PM in response to depopi

SOS means that your phone is working, but is not connected to your carrier’s network. It can only make emergency calls on other networks. You need to contact your carrier to resolve this. Here is guidance from Apple→If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

If you changed the SIM it may not have been activated yet.

My phone was updated, but can’t activate. All boxes are checked, the activation button does not highlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.