Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyword search in text does not take me to actual text

I have been trying to find a text from a few years ago. I have found it using the keyword search. It only shows a preview of the text though. When I click on the text to take it there, it just takes me to the last text in that conversation. I can’t scroll to it because it was from several years ago and the app always crashes. What do I do to access conversation that took place several years ago?

iPhone 13

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 8:32 AM

Hey justin_900,

I’ve already done everything you suggested but, as I explained in the original post, it does not work. I have found the text using the keyword search but it only shows a preview of the text though. When I click on the text to take it to the message, it just takes me to the last text in that conversation. I can’t scroll to it because it was from several years ago and the app always crashes. Are there any other ways to get there other than the ways I’ve already tried that don’t work?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2023 8:32 AM in response to justin_900

Hey justin_900,

I’ve already done everything you suggested but, as I explained in the original post, it does not work. I have found the text using the keyword search but it only shows a preview of the text though. When I click on the text to take it to the message, it just takes me to the last text in that conversation. I can’t scroll to it because it was from several years ago and the app always crashes. Are there any other ways to get there other than the ways I’ve already tried that don’t work?

Apr 10, 2023 7:40 AM in response to Jbk19

Hello Jbk19,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

The best way to find your old messages might be to use the search field from within Messages, see here:

"To look for contacts and content in conversations, tap the search field above the Messages lists. (You may need to swipe down to reveal the search field.) The search field also opens suggested contacts, links, photos, and more."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Send and reply to messages on iPhone - Apple Support

The other way would be to scroll back to the old message from within the thread.

We hope this helps to locate the old message.

Cheers!

Keyword search in text does not take me to actual text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.