Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods will connect but sound will still play from the speakers

I noticed this yesterday night but my airpods will 'connect' to my macbook but the output will still play from speakers. I have tried to put the output on my airpods but it will just disconnect them. My airpods will also disconnect and reconnect. On the display it says my airpods are each at 70% when they are fully charged. My airpods will connect to my phone but not to my macbook. They were working great two days ago but now they just will not connect.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 9:34 AM

Hi eqirki,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! It seems like you need help with your AirPods and audio output while using them with your MacBook Air.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, there may be an issue with your AirPods or MacBook, but that's probably unlikely as it works with your phone.

I hope this helps,

Gabe

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2023 9:34 AM in response to ewirki

Hi eqirki,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! It seems like you need help with your AirPods and audio output while using them with your MacBook Air.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, there may be an issue with your AirPods or MacBook, but that's probably unlikely as it works with your phone.

I hope this helps,

Gabe

Airpods will connect but sound will still play from the speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.