Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete unwanted app from my iMac

How do I safely delete an unwanted app from my iMac?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 11:30 AM

Hi there!

Deleting or uninstalling an app removes it from your Mac and makes the storage space it was using available for other items. You can do this from Launchpad or the Finder.

Uninstall apps on your Mac - Apple Support

-Jack

5 replies

Apr 7, 2023 11:32 AM in response to RichardD43

Very often it's just as simple as dragging the app to the Trash and then emptying the trash.

Sometime an app will have an uninstaller that will take care of the app and most associated files. Depending on what the app is, you may wish to visit the developer's website for uninstall guidance.

Please see: Uninstall apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Some apps cannot be removed. The apps that are installed with the OS are examples of that.

Delete unwanted app from my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.