Safari 16.4: 'Youtube' videos stopped to play automatically after i put the slider to any area i want to watch.

Hi there,

Not sure if it's related to OS or Safari, so posting it here too:

Subject: Something went wrong after my 2019 MBP Intel Core i9 updated to Safari 16.4. 'Youtube' videos stopped to play automatically after i put/drag the slider to any area i want to watch. Now I have to click 'Play' manually each time after i drag the slider to the area that I need. It's very annoying, especially when you have to do that several times per 1 video. And yes, it's not an Auto-Play option(this one is Ok).

Just wonder if it's bug or something has happened to my Preferences, extensions etc. Help me please.

I have already tried to reset NVRAM/PRAM, SMC. As well as cleared all cache, cookies, history in Safari etc. Then i have made restore of macOS 13.3 using Recovery mode. Nothing helped me with that.

BTW, the same issue is not reproduces in Chrome, it turns out to be Ok in there.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 1:16 PM

10 replies

Apr 9, 2023 1:13 PM in response to Pillenflitzer

macOS 13.3 - is what i've been using. I came to it after macOS 12.6.4, after updated Safari 16.3 to 16.4.

But the weird thing here, is that this stopping issue reproduces not on every MBP. I have checked two MBPs of my friends - first one is with M1, second one is 2019 with Intel chip, - and both went well with macOS 13.3 and Safari 16.4. Behavior is correct. Nothing stops.

Safari 16.4: 'Youtube' videos stopped to play automatically after i put the slider to any area i want to watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.