Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to buy more storage for my iPad

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 4:54 PM

In addition to Bob Timmons' answer.

There is a difference between your iPad's internal memory and iCloud. As mentioned, iCloud is only for backup - it will not expand the memory on your iPad.

You can see what is taking up space on your iPad here:

Settings General iPad Storage

You can read about the difference between iCloud and the internal memory here:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2023 4:54 PM in response to Mila1313

In addition to Bob Timmons' answer.

There is a difference between your iPad's internal memory and iCloud. As mentioned, iCloud is only for backup - it will not expand the memory on your iPad.

You can see what is taking up space on your iPad here:

Settings General iPad Storage

You can read about the difference between iCloud and the internal memory here:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Apr 7, 2023 5:12 PM in response to Mila1313

Mila1313 Said:

"Is there any way to buy more storage for my iPad"

-------

Try Clearing "Other" Storage:

"Other" is all "junk" (as we'd commonly say) from installed apps (i.e. caches). So, to fix this, first backup* your iPad and then restore** it from the backup. See where things go from there.

* Backing Up: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

** Restoring: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Suopport

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.