Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hotmail not working

not able to get hotmail working...always states unable to process password...I have changed password on microsoft site. It works there and to get to my outlook email which hotmail transitioned to.

Running Ventura 13.2.1

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 6:28 PM

rrobb Said:

"hotmail not working: not able to get hotmail working...always states unable to process password...I have changed password on microsoft site. It works there and to get to my outlook email which hotmail transitioned to. Running Ventura 13.2.1"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Mail:

Create and Use an App Password:

Note that you would need a new App Password, being that Mail is a third party app. You cannot log in using your eMail address password. As an example, go here for Hotmail: Manage app passwords for two-step verification - Microsoft Help

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2023 6:28 PM in response to rrobb

rrobb Said:

"hotmail not working: not able to get hotmail working...always states unable to process password...I have changed password on microsoft site. It works there and to get to my outlook email which hotmail transitioned to. Running Ventura 13.2.1"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Mail:

Create and Use an App Password:

Note that you would need a new App Password, being that Mail is a third party app. You cannot log in using your eMail address password. As an example, go here for Hotmail: Manage app passwords for two-step verification - Microsoft Help

hotmail not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.