Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook password being created automatically

I do not use Facebook and deleted my account years ago. However, something is creating a Facebook password on my devices that returns within minutes after deleting it. The password is an incredibly long and complex string. A screen shot shows the password screen. What the heck is going on and how can I get rid of this trash?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 7:24 PM

2 replies

Apr 7, 2023 7:29 PM in response to shadowmac

shadowmac Said:

"Facebook password being created automatically: I do not use Facebook and deleted my account years ago. However, something is creating a Facebook password on my devices that returns within minutes after deleting it. The password is an incredibly long and complex string. A screen shot shows the password screen. What the heck is going on and how can I get rid of this trash?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Secure your Account:

A. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all device are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. Modify your Credentials:

Being of high-suspicion, someone likely has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

C. Contact Apple Support:

Being that you think your account has been hacked, perform the above, and contact Apple Support, ASAP. They'll run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Facebook password being created automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.