Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No emoji update even after updating ios

I upgraded my phone to ios 16.4.1

and still there are no emoji updates. Why is that?

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 8:41 PM

Open the Emoji picker, and enter Goose 🪿 in the search box.

Do you see a Goose? 🪿

If so, you have the most recent Emojis.

The iOS 16.4.1 update fixed a bug with the appearance of one of the iOS 16.4 Emojis.

iOS 16.4.1 did not add any nee\w Emojis not already in iOS 16.4.

6 replies

Apr 7, 2023 8:41 PM in response to khushi206

khushi206 Said:

"No emoji update even after updating ios: Then How to get new emojis on my iPhone 11?"

-------

Update to the latest iOS version.

How to Get New Emojis:

A. Update your iPhone:

Keep your iPhone updated. Not all updates have emojis, however. So, to the latest iOS version (if an option).

Updating your iPhone:

Update Using a Computer:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

You have an obsolete device(iPhone 5s). Updating it will only go so far. So, perform the update. If anything is avaiable, it will install, sure enough.

B. For Note: Recommending Emojis:

Apple is not the creator if these emojis. So, rather than recommending this through Apple, you need to make a proposal for one to The Unicode Consortium. Go Here: Submitting Emoji Proposals - Unicode

Apr 7, 2023 9:32 PM in response to khushi206

khushi206 wrote:

How can I open emoji picker?

If you can see the goose shown in my previous reply here, you have the iOS 16.4 Emojis available,

For the Emoji picker…

Press and hold the globe in the lower left corner of the iPhone keyboard, and select Emoji from the pop-up. The following image shows the globe icon in the lower left, and shows the pop-up that appears after holding the globe, and shows the two language keyboards also available locally.

…which summons the Emoji picker.

The following shows the picker, and shows the search box:

You can tap the globe to exit the picker.

No emoji update even after updating ios

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.