Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iPad corner gestures are greyed out therefore the gestures are not working

Hi,

The right and left corner gestures on my brand new iPad Pro 6th generation 12.9” 512Gb with the 16.4 iPadOS version was working very well since purchasing it in early November 2022.

However, both aren’t working currently. The boxes for the gestures are greyed out and I do not know how to fix this issue. The iPad has never ever been dropped or never had other issues like liquid on it or been exposed to extremely cold or warm temperatures, etc…

Furthermore, the fact that I have a 12.9” iPad is sort of a pain in the a… for just one thing. Every time I tried to swipe left or right (when the gestures were working), regardless of the open application at the time, the opened app was always “shrinking”. In other words, the opened application was always floating instead of staying steady like it should have been. It should have been in a frozen state instead of a floating app, if you know what I mean.

Hoping you have a solution for me when hopefully you reply, I would like to wish you a very wonderful day in the meantime.

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2023 11:55 AM

On my new iPad mini 2023/05 I am trying to disable corner gestures which interfere when playing instruments in GarageBand. In settings, both general and notes/quick notes, sliding corner gestures to OFF is ignored. As soon as I return to the settings page, I find the corner gestures setting has returned to the ON position. Nothing I try seems to help. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? - thanks

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2023 11:55 AM in response to Glouts

On my new iPad mini 2023/05 I am trying to disable corner gestures which interfere when playing instruments in GarageBand. In settings, both general and notes/quick notes, sliding corner gestures to OFF is ignored. As soon as I return to the settings page, I find the corner gestures setting has returned to the ON position. Nothing I try seems to help. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? - thanks

iPad corner gestures are greyed out therefore the gestures are not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.