Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro - screen intermittently unresponsive to touch/swipe gestures

Oddly, I might be browsing or in an app and the “usually” working touch interaction between my hand and the iPad fails to work first time I attempt to input a gesture. It sometimes takes 3 or 4 attempts, also sometimes on different areas of the screen, for the iPad to eventually perform the action. For example. Scrolling up/down a web page, which doesn’t always work when swiping on the screen (taking into account page being loaded etc., which are all working ok). It is like the iPad has stopped responding (though the physical buttons , like home button, do continue to function.)

Any suggestions welcome. I have wiped (physically on screen and digitally with apps/iOS) the device and using minimal apps loaded I get the same issue occur.

ipad 12.9in 2nd gen, iOS 13.6, 254Gb (with 204Gb free.)

cheers

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 1:31 PM

Hi 100thAttempt,

We see your iPad display becomes unresponsive at times. We would like to help look into this.

It sounds like you covered some great steps cleaning your screen and resetting your iPad. Did you restore it as new after resetting? Testing without a backup helps further testing. If not this information will help test as new.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If it continues, please also check the following article.

If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

Specifically we want to check out this section.

• "Make sure your screen is clean and free of any debris or water."
  • "Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger."
  • "Remove any cases or screen protectors."

Have a great weekend!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 1:31 PM in response to 100thAttempt

Hi 100thAttempt,

We see your iPad display becomes unresponsive at times. We would like to help look into this.

It sounds like you covered some great steps cleaning your screen and resetting your iPad. Did you restore it as new after resetting? Testing without a backup helps further testing. If not this information will help test as new.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If it continues, please also check the following article.

If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

Specifically we want to check out this section.

• "Make sure your screen is clean and free of any debris or water."
  • "Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger."
  • "Remove any cases or screen protectors."

Have a great weekend!

Aug 18, 2020 12:42 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden,

Restore carried out, will monitor how it behaves.

FYI for the other section, answers inline below:-

• "Make sure your screen is clean and free of any debris or water." (((Reply- Screen clean and dry with no foreign bodies / matter to case interference with the device)))
  • "Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger." (((Reply- None connected when issue occurs)))
  • "Remove any cases or screen protectors." ((( Reply- None connected when issue occurs)))

Regards,

ps iOS now 13.6.1

IPad Pro - screen intermittently unresponsive to touch/swipe gestures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.