Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After deleting a Leviton Smart Dimmer Switch I cannot ad it back again to the home app.

Switch is the Leviton D26HD 2nd Gen Dimmer Switch. First time I added to the Home App it worked fine. Had to turn the breaker off to work on another outlet & when I turned it back on I got the message the dimmer could no longer be found. So deleted it from the room on the Home app. When I tried to add the accessory back in, I get the message, " Accessory Already Added. To add this accessory to your home, you'll need to reset it first." I did reset the Leviton accessory again, per their directions & get the same message back again. I am hesitant to reset the Home app which would require me to set up every accessory all over again. Plus I read online that Home reset has been tried with this same issue I have, and it did not fix the problem. Looking for a solution that would work. Has anybody had this same issue with adding Leviton Smart Dimmer Switches to their Home app?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 5:06 PM

Hi Ozzie_412,

The steps outlined in If your HomeKit or Matter accessory isn't responding in the Home app may prove helpful in this circumstance:

"If accessories from one manufacturer aren't responding

Check if your smart home accessories are responding in the Home app after each step.

1. Turn on Bluetooth in the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, or in System Settings on your Mac.
  2. Restart any accessories that aren't responding. You may have to take the batteries out of your accessory and put them back in.
  3. Check the manufacturer's app to see if accessories that aren't responding in the Home app need a firmware update. If the accessories aren't responding in the manufacturer's app, you may need to reset them.
  4. Restart any third-party bridges and all home hubs (HomePod, HomePod mini, and Apple TV) by unplugging then plugging them back into power.
  5. Remove accessories that aren't responding from the Home app. Select an accessory, scroll down to accessory settings, and select Remove Accessory. If you don't see the option to remove the accessory in the Home app, it must be removed through the manufacturer's app. After you remove the accessories, follow the manufacturer's instructions to reset them and add them to the Home app again.

If your accessories still aren't responding, contact the manufacturer for support."

Note from those directions how to fully remove the accessory from your Home app, how to test in the manufacturers software, and directions to contact the manufacturer if this continues.

Regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2023 5:06 PM in response to Ozzie_412

Hi Ozzie_412,

The steps outlined in If your HomeKit or Matter accessory isn't responding in the Home app may prove helpful in this circumstance:

"If accessories from one manufacturer aren't responding

Check if your smart home accessories are responding in the Home app after each step.

1. Turn on Bluetooth in the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, or in System Settings on your Mac.
  2. Restart any accessories that aren't responding. You may have to take the batteries out of your accessory and put them back in.
  3. Check the manufacturer's app to see if accessories that aren't responding in the Home app need a firmware update. If the accessories aren't responding in the manufacturer's app, you may need to reset them.
  4. Restart any third-party bridges and all home hubs (HomePod, HomePod mini, and Apple TV) by unplugging then plugging them back into power.
  5. Remove accessories that aren't responding from the Home app. Select an accessory, scroll down to accessory settings, and select Remove Accessory. If you don't see the option to remove the accessory in the Home app, it must be removed through the manufacturer's app. After you remove the accessories, follow the manufacturer's instructions to reset them and add them to the Home app again.

If your accessories still aren't responding, contact the manufacturer for support."

Note from those directions how to fully remove the accessory from your Home app, how to test in the manufacturers software, and directions to contact the manufacturer if this continues.

Regards.

Apr 10, 2023 6:27 PM in response to Bill_T1

Bill_T1 - Thanks for taking the time to help me diagnose the problem I have with the Leviton smart dimmer. I think I have tried all of your above procedures except restarting all my Apple hubs nor have I contacted the manufacture yet. If after I have re-tried again all of your suggestions and still cannot connect to the Apple Home app I will contact the manufacture. Reviewers of the product on Amazon do not offer a great deal of hope the support from Leviton will be of much help. Regardless, I will repost here regarding my success or continued failure to get it to work.

Apr 12, 2023 10:53 AM in response to Bill_T1

Bill_T1 - I was able to successfully get the Leviton D26HD 2nd Gen Dimmer Switch to work with the Home App. I followed your suggestion above to reboot all the hubs, my 2 AppleTV's and my 5 HomePods. The first time I tried rebooting the hubs it still failed with the error message in my original post. I did read that this switch only works with the 2.4GHz band so I to turned off the 5GHz band on my Deco mesh wi-fi network. Rebooted the hubs again & the Home App immediately recognized & installed the Switch. Then turned the 5GHz band back on and everything seems to be working. Again, thanks for your help. You led me in the right direction to find the fix.

After deleting a Leviton Smart Dimmer Switch I cannot ad it back again to the home app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.