Playing Radio A.M. on iPhone

I turn on a local radio station like NPR or iHeartlive to listen while walking around the neighborhood. It starts out fine but suddenly disappears and/or cuts out and then there is nothing but silence. It doesn't matter if I am wearing headphones, pods or just playing directly from my iPhone in my pocket. A few months ago it was working great but now it just keeps going in and out or not at all. Is there something that I can do or should be doing?

I have both my WiFi and Cellular on. Thank you.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 5:11 PM

Down loading the iHeart Radio app is working for my phone. But I will be taking my phone to Apple and let them see what is going on with the music app. Thank you very much for your help and patience. I am very appreciative of your time.

15 replies

Apr 10, 2023 3:35 PM in response to Ribbon101

One more idea … on your iPhone, select Settings > Cellular then scroll down to the app in question. Make sure it is set to green (on). That will allow the app to automatically switch to cellular if Wi-Fi is not available. Unless this setting is on for cellular, turning off Wi-Fi will not solve the issue. Please let us know if it resolves the issue.

Apr 10, 2023 4:32 PM in response to Carol B.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for your help. I did have the cellular on "green." So far I have tried a variety of "combos" with wifi without wifi, cellular on with green "music" app always on and other attempts to keep "kfi 640-iHeart radio" AM playing while walking. Nothing is working. Tomorrow I may download the iHeart app. Any other ideas? I am always opened to reasonable suggestions. Many thanks again.

Apr 10, 2023 4:40 PM in response to Ribbon101

Hi me again. I use to wear Shockz headphones but I gave that up weeks ago thinking it was the headphones or the Bluetooth connection. But it doesn't appear that is the problem. I have the iPhone on speaker and put it in my pocket. I try not to walk near anyone to avoid annoying the heck out of someone. But it just goes silent. Sometimes it starts up again, especially during commercials. I have also, tried turning it off, rebooting, but nothing seems to work so far. Thanks again.

Apr 13, 2023 2:56 PM in response to Ribbon101

I have been sick. I downloaded the iHeart radio app and played that and no problem so far. I know that doesn’t answer your question. When I bike I wear After Shokz head gear

and play music that I have download and the music stops playing(just like when I walk) I thought it was maybe the Air Shotz but now I m beginning to think it’s the music app on my phone…?

Playing Radio A.M. on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.