Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printing to a non wifi printer

I have a hp laserjet 1536dnf Mfp connected to my MacBook Air and I am wanting to print to this printer from my iPhone or iPad is there a way to do this without buying extra asscessories

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 3:51 PM

Hi,

Maybe.

The HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf MFP is not mentioned in the latest About AirPrint - Apple Support article, but it was in fact listed in a very old Apple article iOS: AirPrint 101 (HT4356, February 13, 2012) as a model supporting the AirPrint technology. This may have been an old AirPrint version, and it may or may not require a printer firmware update. You may want to carry out a test with a modern iPhone or iPad.

For such a test, you would have to wire the Ethernet port of the M1536dnf printer to one of the LAN ports of your Wi-Fi router. The iPhone and the iPad would have to be wirelessly connected to the Wi-Fi network provided by that same router.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Generally speaking, AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01948866.pdf

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2023 3:51 PM in response to dboyer1

Hi,

Maybe.

The HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf MFP is not mentioned in the latest About AirPrint - Apple Support article, but it was in fact listed in a very old Apple article iOS: AirPrint 101 (HT4356, February 13, 2012) as a model supporting the AirPrint technology. This may have been an old AirPrint version, and it may or may not require a printer firmware update. You may want to carry out a test with a modern iPhone or iPad.

For such a test, you would have to wire the Ethernet port of the M1536dnf printer to one of the LAN ports of your Wi-Fi router. The iPhone and the iPad would have to be wirelessly connected to the Wi-Fi network provided by that same router.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Generally speaking, AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01948866.pdf

printing to a non wifi printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.