Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time turning off

Why is the screentime turning off randomly? I have been a long time Android user and made the switch to the iPhone 14 for my preteen and myself for the promise of the safety features of using the screentime limit, blocking apps, content regulation. None of this is working and has caused so many problems in the few months we have had it! Has anyone had any luck with this?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 3:46 PM

Hello Jaorr!

Perhaps by reading this Support Article, you will find helpful information relative to your issue: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

It might be that you incorrectly set something up, therefore causing screen time to randomly turn off, among the other issues you mentioned.

If you need further help, and you don’t find it within the Support Article I provided, or from another user, you may Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2023 3:46 PM in response to Jaorr

Hello Jaorr!

Perhaps by reading this Support Article, you will find helpful information relative to your issue: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

It might be that you incorrectly set something up, therefore causing screen time to randomly turn off, among the other issues you mentioned.

If you need further help, and you don’t find it within the Support Article I provided, or from another user, you may Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Apr 9, 2023 10:48 PM in response to H1290

If you’re sharing it to your son’s device, could he be changing the settings? Did you put in your pin and also your Apple Id password for the extra security?

You may have some luck with setting up a family group under Apple ID. That gives you more control and capability to see where he is on Maps and such. It came in handy when my kids started going out especially driving.

Screen time turning off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.