Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Geen line in top left corner

I bought my Macbook Air like 3 months ago. After the first week of using this mac, I noticed a green line in top left corner. I thought it might be just something common/some software issue, and I thought it would go away soon. It disappeared after like 2 days, and appeared now several times through the past 3 months. I have tried the following so far: restarted my device, update macOS software to the latest - currently on macOS Ventura 13.2.1. The only thing I can think of is to go to an Apple service/store to have my mac checked, but I do not want to bother the support with something that could be some kind of software issue, etc... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

(Disclaimer - I know there is another question regarding this topic, but it is old and I thought that maybe someone has already found a solution to this problem. By the way - I tried to take a screenshot of the line, but it does not appear on the image.)

MacBook Air, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 7:15 PM

If the screen issue does not appear in the screenshot, then your issue is hardware related. Take your MacBook in to an Apple retail store to have it possibly fixed (screen replacement) under warranty...assuming it still is under warranty. If not, you will be able to set up a repair. Be aware that you will need to replicate the issue when you take your device in so be prepared for that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2023 7:15 PM in response to user_1538

If the screen issue does not appear in the screenshot, then your issue is hardware related. Take your MacBook in to an Apple retail store to have it possibly fixed (screen replacement) under warranty...assuming it still is under warranty. If not, you will be able to set up a repair. Be aware that you will need to replicate the issue when you take your device in so be prepared for that.

Geen line in top left corner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.