My iCloud Email seems to be Offline and its mail is not moving into Apple Mail?

Today I established an iCloud email address. It works fine on my iPhone because email messages sent to my iCloud address go directly to my Apple Mail inbox.

However, it is not doing so on my Macbook Pro.

I followed the instructions "macOS Ventura 13.3 or later: Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click [your name] at the top of the sidebar, click iCloud on the right, click iCloud Mail, then turn on Sync this Mac."

I followed those instructions but found no "Synch this Mac" command.

All the iCloud mailboxes have the triangle

And when I click on it, I get...

I have been trying again for an hour.

I have restarted my Mac and still, it does not change.

I do get emails in iCloud.com

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 10:28 AM

The mail application is corrupted , remove the accounts and once again add Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you are using secondary authentication account in which three answers for security questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password is added , and iCloud Keychain is set up in Mac , make sure you must have iCloud Keychain verification code in records as it will be required once you add gmail or whatever services used and iCloud account .

( a ) Open system preferences > iCloud > the box for keychain is checked , click on options , click on change security code .

( b ) Click on security code > enter new code in the fields and click on next , you have to enter the new code for the second time and click on next .

In the next window the country code is written , enter your trusted mobile number …….and click on done .

Again enter your Apple ID password to update your account settings and click on ok , hence the code is changed , so write down this code in a safe place .

Note : once the code is generated then remove mail accounts and once again add it , make sure must have correct credentials like Apple ID password , web mail address and its password in your records .

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2023 10:28 AM in response to topcop1

The mail application is corrupted , remove the accounts and once again add Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you are using secondary authentication account in which three answers for security questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its password is added , and iCloud Keychain is set up in Mac , make sure you must have iCloud Keychain verification code in records as it will be required once you add gmail or whatever services used and iCloud account .

( a ) Open system preferences > iCloud > the box for keychain is checked , click on options , click on change security code .

( b ) Click on security code > enter new code in the fields and click on next , you have to enter the new code for the second time and click on next .

In the next window the country code is written , enter your trusted mobile number …….and click on done .

Again enter your Apple ID password to update your account settings and click on ok , hence the code is changed , so write down this code in a safe place .

Note : once the code is generated then remove mail accounts and once again add it , make sure must have correct credentials like Apple ID password , web mail address and its password in your records .

Apr 9, 2023 10:53 PM in response to topcop1

See the article Take email accounts offline or online in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Take email accounts online

In the Mail app  on your Mac, do one of the following: 

• Take all accounts online: Choose Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online.
  • Take a specific account online (if you have more than one account): Choose Mailbox > Online Status > Take [account] Online.

My iCloud Email seems to be Offline and its mail is not moving into Apple Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.