Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the settings to fully lock my iPhone screen so it turns black?

every time I click the lock button, it brings me to my Lock Screen with low brightness. How do I change the settings to fully lock my screen so it turns black.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 5:38 PM

You are experiencing the Always ON display of your iPhone 14 Pro. This is a feature of the iPhone 14 Pro that uses low energy (battery) to keep your screen dimly lit so that you can see the clock and other important notifications. More information on this feature is here 👉 Use Always-On display with your iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max - Apple Support

You have asked to turn this feature OFF and that is done by opening Settings ➡️ Display & Brightness ➡️ Always On Display: Set this switch to OFF.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2023 5:38 PM in response to Adri1125

You are experiencing the Always ON display of your iPhone 14 Pro. This is a feature of the iPhone 14 Pro that uses low energy (battery) to keep your screen dimly lit so that you can see the clock and other important notifications. More information on this feature is here 👉 Use Always-On display with your iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max - Apple Support

You have asked to turn this feature OFF and that is done by opening Settings ➡️ Display & Brightness ➡️ Always On Display: Set this switch to OFF.

Axel F.

How do I change the settings to fully lock my iPhone screen so it turns black?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.