Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got notification airtag

I got airtag notifications that someone followed me and using my location

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 10:03 PM

Hello,

The below article gives more info as well as providing some steps for you to identify the item that is possibly tracking you. It's good to be cautious but sometimes it not intentional. I got this alert one time on a roadtrip with a friend who had an AirTag on their wallet but their iPhone had died and neither of us had a charger that could connect to our car.

What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

"If you see an alert

If you see one of the following alerts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, an item compatible with the Find My network could be traveling with you, and the owner might be able to see its location. This could be an AirTag, AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, or a Find My network accessory from manufacturers other than Apple.

It's possible that the AirTag or Find My network accessory might be attached to an item you're borrowing, or you might get this alert if you’re borrowing someone else’s AirPods. If you're borrowing an AirTag or another item compatible with the Find My network from a member of your Family Sharing group, you can turn off alerts for that item for one day, or indefinitely.

If an AirTag that's separated from its owner is seen moving with you over time, or if your iPhone is awake and an AirTag that isn't with its owner for a period of time emits a sound to indicate that it has moved, this alert is displayed: AirTag Found Moving With You."

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2023 10:03 PM in response to Ahmedmahad1

Hello,

The below article gives more info as well as providing some steps for you to identify the item that is possibly tracking you. It's good to be cautious but sometimes it not intentional. I got this alert one time on a roadtrip with a friend who had an AirTag on their wallet but their iPhone had died and neither of us had a charger that could connect to our car.

What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

"If you see an alert

If you see one of the following alerts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, an item compatible with the Find My network could be traveling with you, and the owner might be able to see its location. This could be an AirTag, AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, or a Find My network accessory from manufacturers other than Apple.

It's possible that the AirTag or Find My network accessory might be attached to an item you're borrowing, or you might get this alert if you’re borrowing someone else’s AirPods. If you're borrowing an AirTag or another item compatible with the Find My network from a member of your Family Sharing group, you can turn off alerts for that item for one day, or indefinitely.

If an AirTag that's separated from its owner is seen moving with you over time, or if your iPhone is awake and an AirTag that isn't with its owner for a period of time emits a sound to indicate that it has moved, this alert is displayed: AirTag Found Moving With You."

I hope this helps.

I got notification airtag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.