Final Cut Pro upgrade

What is the Final Cut Pro upgrade for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6?

And where can I download it?

Thank you!!!

Mac Pro, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 2:25 AM

Sometimes, before re-downloading from your Purchased page, it may help to drag your current version temporarily to the trash.

So, drag your current version to the trash BUT DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH JUST YET because if the following does not work you would then need to drag it out of the trash back into your applications folder.

After dragging to the trash go to purchased page again and this time you will not see "Update FCP" but something like Download or Get. You will still then see the same "Download an older version ..." message.

Hopefully this may work .

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2023 2:25 AM in response to doodooman

Sometimes, before re-downloading from your Purchased page, it may help to drag your current version temporarily to the trash.

So, drag your current version to the trash BUT DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH JUST YET because if the following does not work you would then need to drag it out of the trash back into your applications folder.

After dragging to the trash go to purchased page again and this time you will not see "Update FCP" but something like Download or Get. You will still then see the same "Download an older version ..." message.

Hopefully this may work .

Apr 10, 2023 1:04 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks for your reply.

I did purchase FCP on a friends Mac, then downloaded a FCP 10.4 for Mac OS 10.12.6.

This evening up upgraded to Mac OS 10.13.6.

I logged onto the App Store in the purchased tab and clicked on Update FCP and got 'Download an older version of FCP, I clicked download and it lopped over and over again.

So is there another way to update FCP?

Apr 10, 2023 12:53 AM in response to doodooman

You cannot buy FCP from a mac running 10.13.6, but you can use it (probably a version up to 10.4 or so).

If you want to buy FCP it has to be done in a mac running at least Big Sur 11.5.

If you have bought FCP, you can get it in an older mac: in the App Store, click on “Purchased”, then click the download button; you will be warned that the current version is not compatible with your OS, and allowed to download the most recent version that works.

If you have Final Cut Pro on your mac, just check the updates in the App Store.

If you are considering buying the application, you could ask a friend to use their mac to make the purchase - be sure to use YOUR Apple id, then delete the application from your friend’s mac.

Final Cut Pro upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.