Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Podcasts not syncing to iPhone

I want to one-way sync selected podcasts from my PC iTunes to my iPhone X. This has worked for about 7 years until I upgraded to iTunes 12.12.8 a few days ago. I have iOS 16.4.1. Now nothing is syncing, selections are also de-selected in PC iTunes and all selections have been deleted from the iPhone podcast library. Any clues how to restore normal service? Thanks.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 1:15 AM

4 replies

Apr 11, 2023 12:30 PM in response to CouldNotPossibly

Hello CouldNotPossibly,

Do you notice any issues with syncing other types files or does it only seem to be impacting podcasts?

What happens when you attempt to delete something? Do you see an error message?

This info will help narrow down possible causes of this issue.

Also, please review the settings below and make sure everything is accurate on both devices:

Follow and play shows in Apple Podcasts on iPhone and iPad

1. Go to Settings > Podcasts.
  2. Turn off Sync Podcasts.

Note: If your shows aren't refreshing on a particular device, make sure that this setting is turned on.

If you want to sync your shows in iTunes with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, follow these steps:

1. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Edit > Preferences.
  2. Click the Store tab.
  3. Select "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings."

If the issue persists, try restarting both devices and test the issue again.

Let us know the results. Be sure to also include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Cheers!

Podcasts not syncing to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.