Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error when install macOS

Hi support team,

My name is Tien

I am reinstalling macOS on my iMac, I have this message when trying to reinstall: "an error occurred while preparing the installation. try running this application again"

Could you please help me?

Thanks team

Best regard,

Tien

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 9:32 AM

What I think has happened is that your file likely got corrupted during the download process and therefore will not install. Put the file into the Trash and empty it. Then do another download. If possible, do not use Wi-Fi as it is much slower. A wired Ethernet connection is much faster and more reliable for these very large downloads.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2023 9:32 AM in response to Tien1905it

What I think has happened is that your file likely got corrupted during the download process and therefore will not install. Put the file into the Trash and empty it. Then do another download. If possible, do not use Wi-Fi as it is much slower. A wired Ethernet connection is much faster and more reliable for these very large downloads.

Error when install macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.