Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect an iPad to a computer?

How do you connect your iPad to your computer as it is coming up in need to restore it! I have the connector that came with the iPad that has two identical ends , one that inserts into the iPad and one that connects to the wall charger. How can i use this charger to connect to my computer as there isn’t a receptor for it at the wall charger end?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 2:16 PM

There are adapters and hubs. I don't know of too many USB-A hubs with USB-C ports though. Apple doesn't doesn't have an OEM version, but I use a USB-A to USB-C cable (one that came with an Amazon Fire HD) to connect my Mac to my iPad mini 6. They don't have to be expensive. I've ones that work reasonably well that I bought at dollar stores.

There are some aftermarket ones that Apple sells, but I wouldn't recommend this specific one because the price is way too high. But it's an example of what's available.

mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m) - Apple

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2023 2:16 PM in response to pkandpw

There are adapters and hubs. I don't know of too many USB-A hubs with USB-C ports though. Apple doesn't doesn't have an OEM version, but I use a USB-A to USB-C cable (one that came with an Amazon Fire HD) to connect my Mac to my iPad mini 6. They don't have to be expensive. I've ones that work reasonably well that I bought at dollar stores.

There are some aftermarket ones that Apple sells, but I wouldn't recommend this specific one because the price is way too high. But it's an example of what's available.

mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m) - Apple

Apr 10, 2023 1:47 PM in response to pkandpw

pkandpw wrote:

How do you connect your iPad to your computer as it is coming up in need to restore it! I have the connector that came with the iPad that has two identical ends , one that inserts into the iPad and one that connects to the wall charger. How can i use this charger to connect to my computer as there isn’t a receptor for it at the wall charger end?

get an adapter.

Apr 10, 2023 2:27 PM in response to pkandpw

pkandpw wrote:
As a non tech 69 woman can you tell me what this adapter would be called let’s say on Amazon? Thank you!

Here's an example. I've got a similar one, but it came with a USB-C hub for use if I wanted to connect it to a USB-A port on a computer.

https://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Type-Type-C-Adapter-Converter/dp/B07KCL8WZK/

You could use the USB-C to USB-C cable that came with your iPad in the port there, and then connect the plug to your computer.

Or you could find a USB-A to USB-C cable. I've gotten some really cheap although quality can be all over the place. I've had expensive cables that were junk and some really cheap ones that were rock solid. I personally like Monoprice cables as they provide good value. This is just an example that looks like it's at a good price point. There are literally hundreds of these (maybe thousands?) for sale on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Type-Charge-Cable-Kevlar-Reinforced/dp/B07YBGRBDD/

There are issues with data transfer speeds, but the vast majority of people use USB 2.0 spec'ed cables. That's what Apple provides in the box with iPads.

How to connect an iPad to a computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.