Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad battery gets hot

My iPad charges downto zero in 3 hours.it has done this for years. Now it’s starting to get very hot.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 3:27 PM

Your battery may have a serious fault - that may result in thermal runaway. If your iPad becomes hot while charging, disconnect from the Power Adapter - and discontinue use of the iPad until it is tested and assessed by an Apple Technician.

You would be best advised to take your iPad to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad and Power Adapter:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2023 3:27 PM in response to sterry144

Your battery may have a serious fault - that may result in thermal runaway. If your iPad becomes hot while charging, disconnect from the Power Adapter - and discontinue use of the iPad until it is tested and assessed by an Apple Technician.

You would be best advised to take your iPad to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad and Power Adapter:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

My iPad battery gets hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.