Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple email addresses under one iCloud ID

In years past, I was able to establish individual email addresses under my Apple ID, i.e., name@me.com (original), name2@icloud.com, name3@icloud.com, plus 3 others (these are not alias accounts as messages are directed to each separate email address). I have recently tried to establish a seventh email address in the same way, that is, through 'Mail - Add Account' but this does not seem to be an option anymore.

1. Have I maxed out the number of individual email accounts I can establish under one Apple ID?
  2. If so, is a new alias account possible?

3. Or, is there a way to establish a separate email account without having to establish a second Apple ID?

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 8:04 PM

From: iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

"Depending on when you created your iCloud account, your iCloud email addresses and aliases may end with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com domains. Learn how these email addresses are granted."

I think anything you have done in the past is basically grandfathered in and can't be changed. As it currently stands, Apple allows a primary address and 3 aliases.

Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2023 8:04 PM in response to kam-bb

From: iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

"Depending on when you created your iCloud account, your iCloud email addresses and aliases may end with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com domains. Learn how these email addresses are granted."

I think anything you have done in the past is basically grandfathered in and can't be changed. As it currently stands, Apple allows a primary address and 3 aliases.

Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Multiple email addresses under one iCloud ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.