Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac has slowed down

My Mac has slowed way down. What's the fix for this?

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 10:25 PM

Hey,

If you're experiencing a slower Mac than usual, i recommend checking the current activities with the Activity-Monitor.

however, if this is a long-term issue, it may be because of a recent update. Updates slow down macs, thats usual. Some third-party apps running in the background may be the reason too.

2 replies

Apr 11, 2023 4:50 AM in response to gkilpatr

To bypass the question answer question answer .

Comment on update or upGrades - Non of my 4 different Apple Computers I own and Operate have been slowed down on an updates or UpGrades. If anything, they run better

To have more In-Depth look and both the Computer and the Installed Operating System and any Third Party Application installed on this computer.

Download the Application Etrecheck directly from the Developer.

This is a Diagnostic Tool that makes no changes to the computer.

It makes a coherent and readable inventory of both the Hardware and Software used on the computer 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - >>>> using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last ) <<<<

iMac has slowed down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.