Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Energy Saver in Ventura has gone

Does anyone know how to prevent the MacBook Air from shutdown after covering the macbook lid? I could not find any relevant setting after updating to Ventura.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 2:02 PM

Energy Saver = Battery category in System Setting

For additional reading on Battery and Apple Computers this link may help. About battery health management in Mac notebooks and especially for the M1 / M2 and Big Sur  & Monterey  and Ventura If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac

9 replies

Apr 11, 2023 7:35 AM in response to lpytammy

Normally, Closing the Lid of the MBA will not Shutdown the computer but will put in Sleep Mode.

What exactly happens when the user Lifts the Lid of the computer from the Sleep Mode.

On 1 M1 MBA and 1 M2 MBA - if I leave the computer On and close the Lid - it will sleep.

When I open the Lid, it will wake up to the possibly Log In Screen but that is on a Shutdown and Restart Process

It is only resuming from where it was before it was put to Sleep

May 20, 2023 6:27 PM in response to PRP_53

My Macbook Air (Ventura 13.3.1) was in sleep mode with the lid closed. When I opened it ... all apps/programs had been closed ... but I did not have to restart the iOS. I do NOT want my computer to EVER shut down w/o my doing it intentionally.

What gives? How do I fix it? Your posts on this thread do NOT resolve my problem.

May 21, 2023 1:21 AM in response to RABL1

RABL1 wrote:

My Macbook Air (Ventura 13.3.1) was in sleep mode with the lid closed. When I opened it ... all apps/programs had been closed ... but I did not have to restart the iOS. I do NOT want my computer to EVER shut down w/o my doing it intentionally.

What gives? How do I fix it? Your posts on this thread do NOT resolve my problem.

Then it is suggested to Open your Own NEW Question.

Describe all the details of the computer( Year, Model Intel or M1 / M2 etc) , what version of macOS is installed and another important Computer related details

Doing the above may garner more Responses and detailed attention from Other

Piggy Backing on an Original Question, generally can get Lost or little to not genuine attention

Energy Saver in Ventura has gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.