How do I turn off caps lock in Ventura (Mac OS 13.3.1)?

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 7:44 AM

I found this thread while trying to find my answer: I'm not trying to turn Caps lock off, but rather how to turn off the caps lock NOTIFICATION that pops up on the bottom of my screen. Because it constantly is blocking text on the screen, often what I'm actually typing! It only lasts for 4 seconds, but it's really annoying. If anyone knows how to turn off this notification that plunks right in the center bottom quarter of your screen, please let me know.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 7:44 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I found this thread while trying to find my answer: I'm not trying to turn Caps lock off, but rather how to turn off the caps lock NOTIFICATION that pops up on the bottom of my screen. Because it constantly is blocking text on the screen, often what I'm actually typing! It only lasts for 4 seconds, but it's really annoying. If anyone knows how to turn off this notification that plunks right in the center bottom quarter of your screen, please let me know.

Apr 13, 2023 10:13 AM in response to Former_BMUGer

You mean you want to completely disable the caps lock key? WHY?!!!

Anyway, your mac, your call, and it is just as easy to do as before, it simply is located in a different place, as are many of things in System Settings.

System Settings->Keyboard, then click Keyboard Shortcuts.

At the bottom left, click Modifier Keys:

Set the effect of pressing the Caps Lock key to "No Action".

There you are.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.