Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“On my iPhone” notes iCloud backup

Within notes, you have an “iCloud” section and an “On my iPhone” section. Does the “On my iPhone” section get backed up on iCloud? If I lose my phone, can I recover those notes?

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 10:52 AM

If you are regularly taking backups on iCloud then yes, Notes under "On my iPhone" gets backed up too.

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Reminders, Voice Memos, Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, and shared photos. Some information is not included in an iCloud backup but can be added to iCloud and shared across multiple devices like Mail, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support (IN)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2023 10:52 AM in response to SolarSerenade

If you are regularly taking backups on iCloud then yes, Notes under "On my iPhone" gets backed up too.

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Reminders, Voice Memos, Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, and shared photos. Some information is not included in an iCloud backup but can be added to iCloud and shared across multiple devices like Mail, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support (IN)

“On my iPhone” notes iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.