Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to protect i messages from being seen by others

How do I set up messages from being seen without password

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 8:56 PM

It sounds like your Messages are showing as a preview on the Lock Screen when your iPhone is locked. You may be concerned about someone else reading your messages as they appear on the Lock Screen. You can shut off the preview of the messages on the Lock Screen by opening Settings ➡️ Notifications ➡️ Messages ➡️ Show Previews: Set this to Never.

If the above is not what you are asking about then provide another post with ample details so that the issue can be completely understood by the readers of your post.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2023 8:56 PM in response to Mbuzzini75

It sounds like your Messages are showing as a preview on the Lock Screen when your iPhone is locked. You may be concerned about someone else reading your messages as they appear on the Lock Screen. You can shut off the preview of the messages on the Lock Screen by opening Settings ➡️ Notifications ➡️ Messages ➡️ Show Previews: Set this to Never.

If the above is not what you are asking about then provide another post with ample details so that the issue can be completely understood by the readers of your post.

Axel F.

How to protect i messages from being seen by others

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.