Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

one laptop two external monitors. external monitors show the same image? Need them to be separate.

I'm trying to add two external monitors to my laptop so I'll have three separate displays. My tech specs show "Up to two displays with 6016‑by‑3384 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors and Up to four displays with 4096‑by‑2304 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors"

My monitors show Current (and Optimal)mode of 1920 X 1080 60HZ.

I connected both monitors using USB-C HUB. I can drag from laptop display to one external display, but the second external display just mirrors the first external one. How can I get the second external monitor to display separately so I can have 3 displays at once? I thought maybe the resolution was problem, but the first external monitor displays perfect. Any help is appreciated....I'm not super tech savvy.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 9:15 PM

Don't use a hub for the displays. Connect each display to its own port on the computer.

Similar questions

1 reply

one laptop two external monitors. external monitors show the same image? Need them to be separate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.