Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use TWO external monitors with a MAC Book Pro laptop?

My employer has loaned me a MAC Book pro in order to work with premiere Pro at home during these times. with a DELL USB-C adapter, I was able to hook up an external HP (display port) monitor & got it working good so I basically have 2 screens;

• Monitor 1 = Premiere Pro editing software
  • MAC Book pro laptop screen = admin duties; email, corporate network utilities, etc.

The USB-C adapter I am using has an additional VGA port & I have another monitor with a VGA port.

Is it possible to have TWO external monitors along with the MAC Book monitor for access to a total of 3 screens? If so, how or what do I need to do?

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 8:26 PM

Yes. The number depends on the particular model MacBook Pro.

Read Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

Excerpt:

• Check how many displays your Mac supports: Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac, click Support, then click Specifications. On the webpage that appears, the number of displays your Mac supports appears under Video Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2020 8:26 PM in response to aaron309

Yes. The number depends on the particular model MacBook Pro.

Read Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

Excerpt:

• Check how many displays your Mac supports: Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac, click Support, then click Specifications. On the webpage that appears, the number of displays your Mac supports appears under Video Support.

Mar 22, 2020 10:34 AM in response to aaron309

Multi-port hubs exist. Apple Stores are closed, so OWC (macsales.com) may be a good source. They make one (model OWCTCDK5P2SG) that plugs into a USB-C, it has an HDMI (if your other monitor has one) but it does pass through up to 92 W of charging power (100 W from wall and 8 W vampired for hub operation) so can use the port you have wall plugged into. If you have no HDMI may not work.

Best Buy has several multi-port hubs with VGA ports, some may need a $10 USBC-to-USB for some of them. Best Buy is still open but my local store is metering the people it lets in, giving you "private consultants" to politely limit your movement and closing early so look online first to save yourself some grief.

Can I use TWO external monitors with a MAC Book Pro laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.