Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I connect two external monitors to my 2019 MacBook Air?

I have a 2019 13" MacBook Air. I would like to attach two external monitors. I currently have one external monitor. Is a two-external-monitor setup easy or possible at all?

Thank you,

Wayne

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 2:03 PM

Yes. Read Use multiple displays with your Mac - Apple Support.

2 replies

Apr 26, 2020 3:51 PM in response to John Galt

I've read the article several times and still am having trouble. I have two monitors that connect to a docking station. One connects with an HDMI cord and the other with a DisplayPort. I can only get the two external monitors to mirror each other (mirror is not turned on) rather than act separately. When my Macbook Air 2019 is open I can use one of the monitors as a separate interface and the other just mirrors, and the MacBook acts as my second monitor. When I close the laptop, I only have the two mirrored displays on the external monitors and can't get them to act separately.

NOTE: My dock only has one HDMI cable port and two DisplayPorts. Might the problem be that I need 2 HDMI ports on my dock?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

can I connect two external monitors to my 2019 MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.