Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen turned black with pink and purple lines? MacBook Pro

I can see some of my desktop background at the very top, but most of my screen is black with colored lines. I’ve had no issues and closed it and came back after 15 min to this screen. What would cause this? Fixable?

MacBook Pro 15″, 12.6

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 9:20 PM

2 replies

Apr 12, 2023 9:45 PM in response to R_barber

R_barber Said:

"Screen turned black with pink and purple lines? MacBook Pro: I can see some of my desktop background at the very top, but most of my screen is black with colored lines. I’ve had no issues and closed it and came back after 15 min to this screen. What would cause this? Fixable?"

-------

About a Flickering Mac Screen:

I had this issue on my 2017 MBP, and had to send it in 11 times to get this fixed. The issue is the connector going from the screen into the LogicBoard. It just became loose.

Based on personal experience.

Get this Serviced:

Why risk a faulty device?

It's Time for a New Screen:

Get one from one of the following three locations. Getting it elsewhere, you might end up getting an non-genuine display.

A. Contact Apple Support:

If purchased from Apple, or covered under AppleCare, then get this serviced by Apple.

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. And that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Or..

B. Contact an AASP: 

Also, take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service provider), asking for assistance.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the Mac

Or...

C. Contact A Retailer:

• Contact your local retailer, seeing if they replace these.

Apr 13, 2023 2:45 AM in response to R_barber

If your MacBook Pro's screen has turned black with pink and purple lines, it's likely that there is a hardware issue. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Restart your MacBook Pro: Press and hold the power button until your MacBook Pro turns off. Wait a few seconds, then press the power button again to turn it back on. Sometimes, restarting your computer can resolve issues like this.

2. Check for software updates: If there are any available software updates for your MacBook Pro, install them. Go to the Apple menu, then choose System Preferences > Software Update.

3. Reset the NVRAM or PRAM: NVRAM (Non-Volatile Random-Access Memory) or PRAM (Parameter Random-Access Memory) store certain settings on your MacBook Pro, and resetting them can sometimes resolve display issues. To do this, turn off your MacBook Pro, then press and hold the Command + Option + P + R keys together. Keep holding them until you hear the startup sound twice, then release the keys.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, it's likely that there is a hardware problem with your MacBook Pro's display. Contact Apple support or take your MacBook Pro to an authorized Apple repair center for further assistance.

Screen turned black with pink and purple lines? MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.