Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Persistent Pairing Problem

My phone will not pair with one Bluetooth device although it has no problem with others. I suspect this is because after first pairing I had to tell my phone to "Forget this Device." Now when I try to re-pair with the same device it will not. In Bluetooth Settings my phone shows the device in "Other Devices" but when I touch the name of the Device what happens is that the name of the device shows momentarily in the MY DEVICES section before immediately disappearing again without actually pairing.

I have tried switching Bluetooth on and off on iPhone and on device; resetting the device and so on.

Does anyone have any further suggestions. I would be very grateful for any help.

Best wishes,

David

PS The device is a Fjorden Grip. It fails to pair as above whether directly to my iPhone or via either the Fjorden App or the ProCamera app. Neither Fjorden nor ProCamera can solve so far and my own belief is that it is due to the Phone continuing to forget this device even though it perfectly recognises the grip

Any help much appreciated!

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 4:51 AM

If you can pair your accessory with some devices but not your iOS or iPadOS device, unpair the accessory from your other devices. Then try to pair with your iOS or iPadOS device again. To find out whether your accessory is compatible with your iOS or iPad OS device, contact the manufacturer of the accessory.

If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone or iPad

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2023 4:51 AM in response to thebail

If you can pair your accessory with some devices but not your iOS or iPadOS device, unpair the accessory from your other devices. Then try to pair with your iOS or iPadOS device again. To find out whether your accessory is compatible with your iOS or iPad OS device, contact the manufacturer of the accessory.

If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone or iPad

Apr 13, 2023 9:07 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for the comments.

In fact I cannot pair this accessory with any of my devices ( MacBook Pro/ iPad Pro/ Mac mini or iPhone 14 Pro Max) but the only one it makes sense to actually pair the camera Grip with is the iPhone. For clarity, I did initially get it to pair with my iPhone but due to another problem had to unpair it again and tell my iPhone to "Forget This Device." Since then a week on, the grip is recognised as a nearby device by my phone but it will not pair. When recognised as nearby my phone, I tap its name to pair it and for a moment the name goes up into the MY DEVICES section but then disappears immediately and reverts to being just a recognised nearby bluetooth device. It's as if it tries to pair and then says that it has been told to forget this device which it was. However since then I have tried resetting network settings on my phone, reinstalling the apps and resetting the Grip, all to no avail. I have also checked the apps are given permission to use Bluetooth in Privacy and Security settings.

The Grip is used by a good number of users many of whom use iPhones so it is compatible.

Its a real puzzler and I have Fjorden working on the problem but I do suspect some of the problem is with my phone.

Persistent Pairing Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.