Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air tag sharing

I registered my air tag on my phone and I want the same AirTag registered on my IPad too, but it is not recognizing the air tag. How do I register on both devices? I follow instructions but when I put air tag close to iPad no screen will open to connect.

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 3:00 PM

An AirTag is registered/added to your AppleID account - using your iPad or iPhone. Once added to your account, the tag will be visible in the Find My App on any device that is signed-in with the same AppleID.

Once added to your AppleID account, you’ll not need to re-add the AirTag unless it is reset.

Find your keys, backpack, and more with AirTag - Apple Support

Set up your AirTag using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You should note that an AirTag can only be associated with a single AppleID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2023 3:00 PM in response to Eahite

An AirTag is registered/added to your AppleID account - using your iPad or iPhone. Once added to your account, the tag will be visible in the Find My App on any device that is signed-in with the same AppleID.

Once added to your AppleID account, you’ll not need to re-add the AirTag unless it is reset.

Find your keys, backpack, and more with AirTag - Apple Support

Set up your AirTag using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You should note that an AirTag can only be associated with a single AppleID.

Air tag sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.