Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone podcasts not working properly

Podcasts. Only a generic icon is showing for all podcasts. Podcast downloading takes excessive time. Playing podcasts starts and stops.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 1:23 AM

2 replies

Apr 14, 2023 1:32 AM in response to clarrysf

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Apr 17, 2023 12:39 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you. I did all that and more, read and implemented suggested helps, and followed YouTube videos. None worked. Then stumbled on to the solution.

I am in Iraqi Kurdistan. Netflix offerings vary from country to country. Microsoft Edge comes up in Arabic even though my system language and Edge language is set at English (U.S.). Some YouTube videos say they are "unavailable in your country." In trying to access a website for a school in the US, the response was "Access denied. This request was blocked by our security service."

In Iraqi Kurdistan, telecommunications are very good and there are no restrictions on internet use.

To resolve all that, I use a VPN with a USA address. All is well, just as if I was in the US.

On my iPhone, I was wandering through settings and noticed the VPN. I removed it and now all is well with Apple podcasts. I mentioned all this in case it's helpful to others.

iPhone podcasts not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.