icloud fraudulent email requests

I have rec'd close to 45 emails teling me my icloud payment method has expired and to re-enter my card iformation. I know this is not legitimate but I cannot get rid of the emails!! I'm gettin beyond frustrated. Not real tech savy and need help!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 11:47 AM

Whoever solves the spam problem should be nominated for a Nobel Prize. You don’t have to forward them; you can just delete them. Forwarding them helps kill the evil websites, but it won’t stop the spam.

There are 3rd party apps that can filter spam, with varying degrees of effectiveness.

Similar questions

10 replies

Apr 16, 2023 11:35 AM in response to Eppy44

Of course they will keep coming; 60% of all email is spam. You can try email spam blocking apps, which will help somewhat, but there is no way to block spam. the point of forwarding is to take down the bogus sites that the email links to; it won’t stop the spam from coming.

There is no reason not to send spam; if even 0.001% of the spam results in revenue you are still making a good return on investment.

icloud fraudulent email requests

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.