Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Battery

Hello

I turned on optimized charging on my iPhone but I don’t receive notification when the device is charged until 80%

no notification that the device is charged

software up to date , restarted device

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 3:30 PM

As Bob Timmons writes, you don't get a notification when Optimized Battery kicks in.

If you want a notification when your battery reaches 80%, you can create an automation.

1. Open the Shortcut app

2. Select Create Personal Automation

3. Select Battery Level

4. Set to Equals 80%, use the scroller. Then tap Next.

5. Search for "Show Notification" and select.

6. Write the notification content and title. Enable Play Sound.

7. Tap Next and disable Ask Before Running and tap Done.

Now you will receive a notification when your battery is at 80%

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2023 3:30 PM in response to _SoftCell

As Bob Timmons writes, you don't get a notification when Optimized Battery kicks in.

If you want a notification when your battery reaches 80%, you can create an automation.

1. Open the Shortcut app

2. Select Create Personal Automation

3. Select Battery Level

4. Set to Equals 80%, use the scroller. Then tap Next.

5. Search for "Show Notification" and select.

6. Write the notification content and title. Enable Play Sound.

7. Tap Next and disable Ask Before Running and tap Done.

Now you will receive a notification when your battery is at 80%

Apr 19, 2023 8:15 PM in response to H1290

Hello again!

I just got this notification again, and discovered some new things I’d like to share:

Notice my battery sitting at 80%. Today, I woke up over an hour earlier than normal, so the schedule instantly adjusted, setting the “fully charged time” to considerably earlier than normal.

Now, when I long-press the Lock Screen notification from the screenshot above, I get an option to by-pass Optimized Battery Charging, (presumably for this night only), which I previously didn’t know was possible without turning the feature off:

And finally, when I go to Settings to view Optimized Battery Charging, I see an extra “info sentence”, which isn’t there when the feature is permanently off, reinforcing the theory that Charge Now turns off Optimized Battery Charging only temporarily:

I hope this helps everyone get a better understanding of Optimized Battery Charging! 😊

Apr 14, 2023 4:42 PM in response to _SoftCell

Hello _SoftCell, Bob Timmons, and JS-fromDK!

I get this notification every night. I plug my phone in at around 9:00pm-10:00pm, then I participate in the ASC.

And without fail, every night, when my phone reaches 80% I get the notification that OP refers to. The only time I don’t get the notification is when my iPhone’s battery is almost empty, and it doesn’t reach 80% by the time I go to bed. The notification supplied by OP says:

Optimized Battery Charging

Scheduled to finish charging by (time).

Mine usually says: Scheduled to finish charging by 6:00am-7:30am.

This notification indicates Optimized Battery Charging has activated.

The time will vary according to your “awake time.”

So, the potential solution for OP on why OP doesn’t get the notification, is perhaps OP’s phone is nearly dead when it is plugged in, and OP goes to sleep by the time OP’s phone reaches 80%.

Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.