Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop Folder Not Appearing in Hard Drive & User Folders - iCloud Drive Turned On

I recently discovered that my Desktop folder does not appear under either my hard drive folder, nor my user folder when in the Finder. However, "Desktop" does appear in the left side bar under Favorites and iCloud sections.

I recently turned on Documents and Desktop Folders in my iCloud drive. Should I take this to mean my macbook pro is no longer storing my desktop files on my hard drive?

If so, will I be able to work with my desktop files while offline (not connected to a network, thus not connected of iCloud)?

Thanks,

Mike

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2023 6:13 PM

All of your files in iCloud are all on your Mac. The folders are just moved into iCloud Drive folders on your Mac. You can continue to work on files offline. Once you connect again, your files will sync.

Similar questions

2 replies

Desktop Folder Not Appearing in Hard Drive & User Folders - iCloud Drive Turned On

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.