Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Empty desktop folder on icloud

My Apple Air wouldn't switch on over the weekend. Apparently the logic board needs to be replaced (no reason given as to why it failed) and that will cost almost as much as the Air did.

Anyway, I went to get my files from iCloud and while my Documents folder has files, the desktop folder on iCloud is empty. Of course, my WIP folder is on my desktop, not in one of the Documents folders. Why is the Desktop folder on my iCloud empty? Can I get it back?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 9:11 AM

Hi there wls2019,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with a missing folder in iCloud Drive, and we'd like to see if we can help.

To get started, take a look at this resource: Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices

Specifically, the "Where to find missing files" and "If your files don't update to iCloud Drive" sections may help.

Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 9:11 AM in response to wls2019

Hi there wls2019,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with a missing folder in iCloud Drive, and we'd like to see if we can help.

To get started, take a look at this resource: Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices

Specifically, the "Where to find missing files" and "If your files don't update to iCloud Drive" sections may help.

Regards.

Empty desktop folder on icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.