Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

a sound playing while i play and pause the audio on control center

everytime i pause or play something on control center, there is a brief sound and i don’t know how to remove it. my phone is on silent mode and that sound is still hearable

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 3:14 AM

Hey, I have the same problem with you. I read all the thread then I saw that you said it only happened with Spotify so I tried to search for setting in Spotify and it works. You may try Spotify > Profile > Setting and Privacy > Playback and then turn off “Play Feedback Sounds”.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2023 3:14 AM in response to Drew_7

Hey, I have the same problem with you. I read all the thread then I saw that you said it only happened with Spotify so I tried to search for setting in Spotify and it works. You may try Spotify > Profile > Setting and Privacy > Playback and then turn off “Play Feedback Sounds”.

Apr 16, 2023 5:00 PM in response to klsnkv

Hello klsnkv,

We would like to see how we can help you with this unexpected sound when playing or pausing Music on your Mac. Which iOS version are you currently running? Go to Settings > General > About for the version. Can you tell us in more detail what the sound is like? If you restart the iPhone with the steps in this link, does the issue return: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

"How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, or later

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.

The volume button is located on the left side of the device, and the side button is located on the right

2.Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

3.To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo."

Get back to us with these details so that we have a better understanding of the issue, and we can go from there.

Cheers!

Apr 17, 2023 1:56 PM in response to klsnkv

klsnkv,

Since this behavior is persisting with Spotify after reinstalling we recommend contacting the app developer directly for additional assistance with their service. Here's how: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Contact the developer of an iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS app
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Search for the app, then tap it. If you can't find it, tap the account button  or your photo at the top of the screen, tap Purchased, tap "Not on this [device]," then tap the app.
3. The app's product page appears. Scroll to the Ratings & Reviews section, then tap App Support. If you don't see App Support, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID.

Regards.

Apr 17, 2023 12:41 PM in response to Sean_B1

i am using ios 16.4.1 and that sound is only playing while i am using apple earphones (the ones with wires). it doesn’t actually disturb the music and it’s a brief flick-ish sound that is played while playing/pausing the song everytime i click the button. it only happens when i pause/play something on control centre. i just restarted my phone and the problem is still there

a sound playing while i play and pause the audio on control center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.