You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone won’t charge

I forgot and it had my phone on me when I went swimming at the beach. I waited for my phone to dry like the message said before charging it but my phone won’t charge is now at 24%. What do I do? I have an iPhone 14.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 8:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 8:51 AM

Good morning.

When you connect a Lightning cable or accessory to your iPhone, your iPhone can alert you if there is liquid in the Lightning port. If you see one of these alerts, your iPhone has detected liquid in the Lightning port or on the Lightning cable. To protect your iPhone and accessory, charging and connecting accessories are not available until the Lightning port and accessory are dry.

To dry your iPhone: Gently hold your iPhone against your hand with the Lightning connector facing down to remove excess fluid. Leave your iPhone in a dry area with some airflow. After at least 30 minutes, try charging with a Lightning cable or connecting a Lightning accessory.

If you keep seeing the warning, there is still liquid in the Lightning port or under the pins of your Lightning cable. Leave your iPhone in a dry area with some airflow for up to a day. You can try loading or attaching a Lightning accessory again during this time. It may take up to 24 hours to dry completely.

If you have wireless charging, such as magsafe and Qi, you can still use it to charge your iPhone. For best results, make sure the back of your iPhone is dry before placing it on the Qi or magsafe certified charger. If charging doesn’t work either, your iPhone may be damaged and I recommend that you turn to Apple Support.

I hope I helped you!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2023 8:51 AM in response to Ladytee9

Good morning.

When you connect a Lightning cable or accessory to your iPhone, your iPhone can alert you if there is liquid in the Lightning port. If you see one of these alerts, your iPhone has detected liquid in the Lightning port or on the Lightning cable. To protect your iPhone and accessory, charging and connecting accessories are not available until the Lightning port and accessory are dry.

To dry your iPhone: Gently hold your iPhone against your hand with the Lightning connector facing down to remove excess fluid. Leave your iPhone in a dry area with some airflow. After at least 30 minutes, try charging with a Lightning cable or connecting a Lightning accessory.

If you keep seeing the warning, there is still liquid in the Lightning port or under the pins of your Lightning cable. Leave your iPhone in a dry area with some airflow for up to a day. You can try loading or attaching a Lightning accessory again during this time. It may take up to 24 hours to dry completely.

If you have wireless charging, such as magsafe and Qi, you can still use it to charge your iPhone. For best results, make sure the back of your iPhone is dry before placing it on the Qi or magsafe certified charger. If charging doesn’t work either, your iPhone may be damaged and I recommend that you turn to Apple Support.

I hope I helped you!

My phone won’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.